WARNING!

WARNING!!!!!!!!

This blog can, and does contain language which many readers may find offensive. If you don't like swearing, it might be a good time to read a different blog...

Seriously. this is most certainly a blog written by an adult, containing adult language.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Me, as Fan Liason...

So, I was reading through all the fall out from my little into thread for the new season over of the official forums, and it got me thinking:

Am I that much of an awkward choice for the role? I mean, sure I swear a wee bit on here...OK, I swear a lot, but its only words for fucks sake (and yes, that one was purely fucking gratuitous), and I don't force anyone to read my often barely comprehensible musings. And I seem to be not visible enough. Not sure what to do about that one. I know some nice 'head shots' are being done on Sunday, so I am going to assume that said head shot will appear in the program, and probably on the monitors, very soon indeed. I'm sure that will scare a few folks. But beyond that? I'm over 6 and a half feet tall, I have a big beard, and my fucking name is on my jersey. If people can not work out who I am..... I'm not sure what else I can do in that respect. Bright red hair maybe? Or a mohawk?

And add in the fact that certain people just seem to have a problem with me being involved at all. The same people had a problem with me being involved in the supporters club, but when I stepped aside... they were nowhere to be seen. Personally, I don't give 2 shits if a section of the fan base doesn't really like me. More folks do than don't so I guess I'm pretty popular. And being liked isn't a pre requisite for being a public face of an audience. Shit, Dave Simms is probably the most hated man in British hockey, and he is the face of pretty much the entire sport!

Anyways, I just wanted to get that of my (phlegmy) chest. Now I'm off to neck some cough meds to try and shift this annoying chest rattle before tomorrows game.

See Y'all at the rink!

No comments: