WARNING!

WARNING!!!!!!!!

This blog can, and does contain language which many readers may find offensive. If you don't like swearing, it might be a good time to read a different blog...

Seriously. this is most certainly a blog written by an adult, containing adult language.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Is it possible for a win to be boring?

Of course, the title is purely rhetorical, as the answer is clearly yes.

Poor Romford. They started the game quite brightly, but once they were behind, it was goodnight Vienna. Not that they gave up, far from it, its just that the now Big Ed less Phoenix looked like they really wanted to bury this game stone cold dead. Even Adam Summerfield got some more ice time, once the scoreline was sufficient enough.

And credit to Tony for having the lads lessen the pressure when Romford sent little Frankie Sabine out to man the goal. Nothing would have been achieved by blasting another 7 or 8 past the lad, other than his total embarassment and humiliation.

But it did get boring. Given that the result was pretty much a given by the 2nd period face off, I spent most of the 3rd having a lovely little chat with Mags about how the season has gone.

I alos had a very polite chat with Neil Morris about a few things, including my intention to apply for the new job of Communications Officer at the supporters club. I might get it, I might not, but no harm in trying, eh?

Anyways, back to the action in the rink, and I would say that the crowd was pretty average, being in the 850ish region. And from what I can gather, for our last regualr season home game, there may well be about 400 Scouts in attendance, which will make for a noisy game to say the least!

And thats it. Once more, nowt controversial. I must be loosing my touch...

No comments: