WARNING!

WARNING!!!!!!!!

This blog can, and does contain language which many readers may find offensive. If you don't like swearing, it might be a good time to read a different blog...

Seriously. this is most certainly a blog written by an adult, containing adult language.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Well, that wasn't part of the script....

I certainly did not expect the scoreline on Sunday at the Ice Dome, that's for sure.

Not that I'm going to bitch and moan about it. We were undone by our own lapse in concentration, allowing Telford to score 3 goals in under 40 seconds. I could get pissy about the D falling asleep, and not paying attention to their game, but as far as I am concerned these things happen. And being totally honest, I'd rather they happened now instead of in the play offs.

There were some positives though. Tom Duggan looks like he has found his scoring stick once more, which is always a boon going into the final 2 weekends of competition. Foney was back between the pipes, which was nice to see, although he looked somewhat rusty as you would expect. Has he come back too early? I guess we will know this coming weekend.

And the crowd.

Well, knock me down with a feather, if it wasn't huge. Easily our best attended game all season that wasn't part of a promo deal. I would hazard a guess at their having been around 1800 fans inside the building, with an especially large and noisy block from Telford. And those Telford fans were a credit to their club. It would be damned nice to get those kind of crowds on a regular basis next season, but that will take a lot of hard work, which should be starting now!

And that's it for this time. For once, I don't have a lot to say really. Which makes a change.

See y'all in the Dome on Sunday!


No comments: