WARNING!

WARNING!!!!!!!!

This blog can, and does contain language which many readers may find offensive. If you don't like swearing, it might be a good time to read a different blog...

Seriously. this is most certainly a blog written by an adult, containing adult language.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Grand Larceny.

Thats the only way to describe Sundays win.

We stole it, pure and simple. We put together about 5 minutes of truly excellent hockey, which was enough to secure both points. It made for a highly nervous time up in the stands, where I'm sure a few bricks were shitted, and expletives uttered (I know I let a few slip. Imagine it, me, swearing? Who would have ever fucking thought I would use such vile words...Ooops.).

As is usual for us, having not played on the Saturday seemed to leave the team looking a bit out of sorts during the early phases of the game, and truthfully, we didn't look like the team that was going to take the points initially. However, the Phoenix are finding ways to win dirty this year, rather than the expected flowing, free scoring hockey we have become accustomed to. We are now seeing some tough, gritty, no bullshit hockey, which hopefully come play off time will pay dividends.

The only real issues I have with what we see on ice at the minute is the standard of officiating. I know that the EIHA are trying to bring new, young refs and linos up to EPL standard, but sweet jesus, they need better support. the standard of icing calls last weekend (or the lack thereof) was piss poor to be honest. Far too often clear icing calls were waved off, then almost straight away afterwards, a borderline or non existant call was made at the opposite end of the ice.

Other than that, I was deeply impressed with last nights road win against Guildord, who seem to be having an absolute mare of a start to the season.

And over the next few weeks you all will be seeing a lot more of my handsome visage down at the ice Dome. After the recent photo session for the volunteer staff, my picture will be popping up in the program, and possibly even on the screens! After that no one will be able to say they don't know who I am..... stage one of my plan for world domination begins....oops! Shouldn't have said that out loud. Forget you ever read it......

No comments: