WARNING!

WARNING!!!!!!!!

This blog can, and does contain language which many readers may find offensive. If you don't like swearing, it might be a good time to read a different blog...

Seriously. this is most certainly a blog written by an adult, containing adult language.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

End of Season review

Well, the dust has well and truly settled on the season now, so I guess I should do some kind of 'wrap up' piece.

This wrap up however will be slightly different to most others. I'm not going to rate each player individually, because I just cant settle on individual gradings for them.So here is my 'alternative' wrap up:

Inspired signing: Stephen Murphy. Smurph came in witha fair few people feeling that TH had dropped the ball, big time. Well, Smurph has probably been the best guy between the pipes we have seen in a loooong time here in Manc. I for one would love to see him back here next season.

'How Fucking Good': Mr D.A.Beauregard. Pure quality and without a shodow of a doubt the best forward to have graced these shores in many a year. Whats scary though is how fucking good he could have been were it not for his eye injury earlier in his career. Would love him back, but sadly I can't see it happening.

Total wanker: Joint award here. Grant Jacobsen for using us a a training camp, and Andrew Sharpe just for being a cock of the highest degree.

So, what else did I enjoy this season? Well, the cup runs were glorious, producing probably our finest hockey in the CC Semi against Belfast at the Dome. Even though we didn't win either of them, it proved we were able to compete with the 'big boys' on any given night.

And the cameraderie of the players. We got to see a bona fide TEAM on the ice this year. The way they played through the killer last month showed just how important it was to them to give 100% every night.

Off ice was equally great. After an early season snafu with our watering hole of choice, the Station Inn picked up, and became the prime pre-game watering hole for myself and my buddies (Russ, Caz, Ange, you guys made it great). And getting to a stage whereby I didn't have to ask for a drink ion the VIP lounge, they just appeared when i walked up. Brill.

The play-offs were great fun, even when I wore a tutu.

And thats that. I'm looking forward to a summer of 'fun', now. So expect to see a few more rants over the coming weeks about various bits and pieces.

No comments: